Wednesday 29 May 2013

Some Major Developments

Hi, it's been quite a while since I updated the blog so I thought it would be a good time to do so now that some things have happened recently.

As you can see from the walkthrough below, the roof is now nearly finished, and the inside of the roof is almost fully insulated. This week has been a major milestone in the project because the internal structural work has started. We've had some of the people from Studio People on site since yesterday and they've begun the work of setting out and preparing certain things. Their first job (installing Cellotex insulation in the roof space) is now almost completed and they can soon begin the job of creating the wooden frame structure within the live room and control room. After speaking to them today they have explained that the ceilings in both rooms will be nice and high, much higher than they would expect to be able to give in a 'home studio'. I'll take this as a compliment as this will be much more than a 'home studio'. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all takes shape.

We are in the process of having a new website made for me by Matt Thomas (http://www.mattthomas.co.uk) and once it is totally finished we'll put it out there properly, for now it is working like a blog and can be seen here www.skyhammerstudio.com.

This week marked the announcement that the very excellent Chris Fielding (www.chrisfielding.co.uk/news) will be moving into the studio once it is completed and will work here as producer. Chris is a great guy and is just simply excellent at what he does. He has worked on every release that we (Conan) have put out and through that we have built up a friendship and also a professional understanding and so therefore when he called me to ask if he could move to the studio, I didn't have a very difficult decision to make. You can see the scope of the work he has done so far on his website and it can come as no surprise that he is very well respected within the realms of music and music production. Initially I was going to have a go myself and build up my skills over time while hopefully building up the studio itself. Now with Chris here I can follow a different path and while the studio grows I can concentrate on one or two other projects I have rattling round my head while also committing time to the studio alongside Chris.

So things are going well so far, we have a 3d walkthrough of the studio on the way and I will upload that to the website soon.

The studio will be ready in early August 2013, we will soon be ready to take bookings. In the first instance you should email us on skyhammerstudio@gmail.com but we will have an email setup at the domain soon enough.

Thanks for reading...... Here's the latest walkthrough.


No comments:

Post a Comment