Tuesday 22 January 2013

Amended Design

Had some thoughts, and after a bit of a chat with a guy on Twitter of all places, decided that perhaps the vocal booth was unnecessary. Well, maybe not 'unnecessary' but certainly sacrifice-able (if there is such a word).

Had the designs from Studio People yesterday and at midnight last night (still awake thanks to cold tablets with caffeine in) I decided that I'd rather take out the vocal booth and instead have a bigger control room. I've seen people record vocals in the control room and every time we (Conan) recorded at Foel Studio we've recorded the vocals in a makeshift 'booth' in the live room - works fine every time. The extra room in the control room will no doubt help mixing in there..... See, I'm talking like I know the score already.

I must say though, the guys at Studio People are really good. I'm really enjoying working with Chris (Design Coordinator) and I'd be TOTALLY lost without his help so far.

Here's the revised design. I was excited to hear that the brick acoustic barrier wall will stretch from the floor right up to roof height, I might follow Chris Fielding's idea and make some of it chalkboard so we can draw genitalia on it - big ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment