Sunday 20 January 2013

Pro Tools 10

Ok, so I now have a trial version of Pro Tools 10 Standard. I doubt I'll go HD as I know it costs a lot of money and my skills aren't up to it yet. It's simply too 'high end' for me. Oh, and the place isn't even fucking built yet......

Nevertheless, I got a trial version and it all works great. I have limited experience of this sort of program in general, I was a Cool Edit expert back in my 'acoustic guitar and crooning 20's' so this new layout, with all the inserts and jazz was a bit of a shock to me when I started using Reaper. However, I quickly got used to that. I've now installed Pro Tools and it seems to be just as easy to use, but I'll need to re-learn all those things that took me ages to learn with Reaper. Another first world problem (I'll stop using this phrase soon I promise).

I'm currently trying to split EZ Drummer out to separate tracks to create some simple tracks I can play guitar riffs to and I'm sure it'll sound a lot better than the voice recording function of my iPhone......!

I'm going to send this blog to a couple of magazines to see if they are interested in linking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment